SUEK is one of the world’s largest coal companies and the leading coal, heat and electricity producer in Russia. Our competitive strengths include: vertically-integrated business model with large, high-quality coal deposits, cost-efficient mining and modern quality-assured washing plants, highly efficient power generating units, own logistics and coal distribution network; wide variety of coals with less than average content of Sulphur and Nitrogen; favourable geographic locations and presence in all key markets.
Our mission is to help fuel the world whilst delivering value to all our stakeholders. We accomplish this by producing coal safely and efficiently and reliably supplying a broad range of coal products to our customers in 42 countries, heat and power for 5 million people in Russia.
Our integrated business model enables us to benefit from economies of scale and helps us maintain our status as one of the world’s largest coal companies.
- No.1 in Russia and No.6 globally by coal output — 107.8 Mt in 2017
- No.3 globally by international sales — 56.4 Mt in 2017
- No.5 globally by coal reserves — 5.3 Bt
- No.3 by heat generation in Russia — over 40 MGcal in 2017
- The leading heat and electricity producer in Siberia — 10.9 GW installed electric capacity
We create and deliver long-term value to our shareholders at every stage of our vertically integrated value chain — from mining, processing, transportation and shipment through port facilities, to power generation, sales and distribution.
Our key assets include:
- 18 open pits
- 8 mines
- 9 washing plants and processing facilities
- 3 ports
- 24 combined heat and power plants
- Global sales and distribution network
- Research institute
- 66,383 employees
With assets located in the east of Russia, we enjoy a competitive advantage with regards to ease and cost of coal transportation to the strategic Asia-Pacific market.
We seek to further enhance our position through expanding our mines and processing assets, upgrading power generating units, investing in further development of logistics and innovating across our business.